On February 22, 1932, a tablet was placed at the base of a sion of a Washington Elm, which was planted in Library Park (now called Alba Park). In 2007, the tree was blown over in a storm. The marker was found underneath the roots of the tree. In 2016, the marker was restored along side a larger stone marker. The tree was replaced with a hardier Valley Forge Elm.
This markers was placed in 1981 by Crater Lake Chapter, the Eagle Point Historical Society, and descendants of the first person buried there, John Riley, who died in 1858. The marker is an entrance stone near the front gate, The cemetery is one of a number of smaller ones around Jackson County. It is on Riley Road about 1.3 miles north of Highway 140 near Eagle Point.
The granite monument honors 15 men who blazed the Applegate Trail in 1856, including Jesse Applegate. Located south of the old Colver House, the marker is on the sidewalk in front of 160 So. Main St., Phoenix. It was placed on Nov. 9, 1921, by the Crater Lake and Mount Ashland Chapters of Daughters of the American Revolution.
The marker is on the left front side of the church building at the northwest corner of D and 5th Streets, Jacksonville. It recognizes the "First church built in the Rogue Valley." The Methodist Episcopal Church, now St. Andrews Episcopal Church, dates back to 1854. The plaque was dedicated on the first Sunday of January 1932.
Erected in 1939, the marker called attention to early travel by stagecoach from Jacksonville to Rock Point near Gold Hill. The 13-mile road is the oldest in Jackson County. In May 2003 the marker was moved to a county-built turnout and view point. The marker reads "Along this road passed the early day travel of Oregon." Thomas R. Burnett, age 82, the stage coach driver for many years, attended the dedication in 1939. This marker was vandalized and is in the process of being replaced.
Fort Lane was built in 1853 to house soldiers during the Rogue River Indian War. The fort was named for General Joseph Lane, who led the campaign against the Indians and was Oregon's first territorial governor and later a U.S. Senator. The marker is on the west side of Gold Ray Road. It is made of stones from the old fort. In its heyday, the fort consisted of barracks for the soldiers, houses for the officers, an armory and a hospital, all built of logs. The marker was placed by Crater Lake Chapter, DAR in 1928. The plaque was replaced on the marker in 2013.
This marker sits in the front yard of the Birdseye house, built in 1856, and was placed by Crater Lake Chapter, DAR in 1929. The creek and home are named for David Birdseye, who took a donation land claim there in 1855. Fort Birdseye was nearby. The log home is listed on the National Register.
Near this place on September 10, 1853, a treaty of peace was signed between the Indians and Army officers for settlers of the Rogue River Valley. It is the most easily identifiable of the DAR collection. It is marked by a green sign that reads "Table Rock Monument". The monument is inside a fenced area, with a nice view of Upper Table Rock in the distance. The original plaque was stolen and was replaced with granite in 2017.